Skip to content Skip to footer

Jarrett was born in Freetown to Creole parents, but grew up in South London, England.

He began his career as a schoolboy at Arsenal before joining Dulwich Hamlet’s youth academy. During the 2002–03 season, he was spotted at Wimbledon playing for Dulwich Hamlet in the FA Youth Cup and was offered a place in the Dons’ academy.

He played ten games for the Dons in 2003–04 but was released at the end of the season. In August 2004, he signed a three-year contract with Championship side Brighton and Hove Albion and impressed on trial. He scored one goal against Crewe Alexandra but was soon dropped from the first team picture. In March 2005, he was loaned to Conference National side Stevenage Borough, where he played four matches.

He missed the start of the 2005–06 campaign with a foot injury. After recovering, he joined Swindon Town on a one-month loan deal on 19 January 2006 and made his debut for the club two days later in a 4–2 win over AFC Bournemouth. After making one start and making three substitute appearances for the first time at the club, his loan was extended for a further month before he returned to Brighton.

On being made available for a free transfer by Brighton at the end of the 2005–06 season, Jarrett went on trial at Watford. After impressing in several pre-season friendlies, he was signed on a one-year deal in August 2006.Jarrett made one Premier League appearance for Watford, coming on as a substitute for Tommy Smith 71 minutes into a 1–0 defeat to Bolton Wanderers at the Reebok Stadium on 9 September 2006. In February 2007, he was loaned to League Two relegation candidates Boston United for a monthlong spell. In his last game for the Pilgrims he scored both goals in a 2–1 win over Bristol Rovers. Having returned from Boston, he was immediately loaned to Milton Keynes Dons for the remainder of the season, where he played five games. He was released by Watford at the end of the season.

He joined Southend United on trial in August 2007, however a knee injury caused him to miss the duration of the 2007–08 season.

He spent August 2008 on trial at Yeovil Town. He then joined Gillingham, initially on trial, before signing a one-month contract with the club on 18 September 2008,and making his debut as a substitute in a home win over Port Vale on 27 September. He claimed to be attracted to manager Mark Stimson’s attacking style. After making four league and cup appearances during his initial month, Jarrett agreed a further month’s contract with the club on 21 October 2008, and the contract was extended until the end of the 2008–09 season on 20 November 2008. The season concluded with the Gills winning promotion into League One with a 1–0 victory over Shrewsbury Town in the League Two play-off final at Wembley Stadium on 23 May 2009. Jarrett was an unused substitute for the match, and three days later he was told that his contract would not be extended, though he would be invited back to the club in pre-season to compete for a contract.

He signed a three-month contract with Barnet in July 2009. Following the expiry of this deal he signed a new two-year contract with the club. He scored the only goal for the Bees in a final day encounter with Rochdale at Underhill, this goal guaranteed the club their Football League survival, though Grimsby Town’s defeat in another match did make the result irrelevant by the full-time whistle.] Despite this, and despite him making a total of 51 appearances in 2009–10, his contract was not renewed, and he was released in June 2010.

On 29 June 2010, Jarrett agreed to join Lincoln City on a one-year deal. He made 26 appearances for the club in 2010–11, and his goal against Crewe at Sincil Bank earned the club their first home point of the season, whilst he also scored the only goal of the club’s FA Cup First Round clash with Nuneaton Town. In February 2011, he joined on loan at Aldershot Town, after wishing to play the first team football he was denied at Lincoln. He played four games for the Shots in his month long spell. He departed Sincil Bank on 28 March after his contract with the Imps was terminated by mutual consent after the club wished to cut costs.

In September 2011, he joined League Two Port Vale on a trial basis,but was not offered a deal.In November 2011, he linked up with Lewes, debuting in their 1–0 defeat at East Thurrock United on 22 November. On 27 January 2012, he joined Bromley after impressing in a friendly for them against a Queens Park Rangers development side. He set up Bromley’s first goal after just two minutes on his league debut against Weston-Super-Mare, helping Bromley to a 3–0 win – their first victory for over 3 months. On 27 April 2012, he signed a new contract with the club, keeping him there until the end of the 2012–13 season. He has impressed in his first season at Bromley, picking up Man of the Match awards on several occasions, including some from The Non-League Paper. He provided many assists during the course of the 2011/12 season.

After two years at Bromley, Jarrett signed for Sutton United ahead of the 2014/15 season. After making just one appearance in the Sutton United first team, he made a return to Dulwich Hamlet of the Isthmian League Premier Division, making his debut as a substitute on 12 November 2014 against Maidstone United, some 12 years after originally signing first team forms at the club. He scored his first goal for the club on 31 January 2015, firing home the opening goal in a 2–0 victory over Grays Athletic.

Leave a comment